Things that are worse:
- Right hand thumb pain and swelling, with some days better than others. Currently I am improving from a peak thumb pain setback a couple of weeks ago, but overall the right thumb swelling and range of motion limitation is worse than when I started the Paleo Approach (AIP). Sometimes I wonder if I might have “texting thumb,” tendonosis issues unrelated to RA. Not that I use my phone that much, but I wonder if it could also correlate with trackpad use–repetitive stress injury.
Right thumb a week ago (10/6), some swelling and reduced capacity to flex (bend) at the knuckle nearest the tip of my thumb.
Right thumb today. More swelling, more limited range of motion.
Things that are about the same:
- Sleep quality and duration, usually great
Things that are somewhat improved:
- Foot pain and swelling diminished. Pain/swelling is still mildly bothersome, but I can bear weight on both feet, even barefoot for short periods, without wincing
- Dry skin diminished
- Morning red, dry & glassy eyes diminished (possible Sjögren’s?)
Things that are much better:
- Fatigue gone
- Morning headaches gone
- Periodic episodes of muscular weakness gone
- Periodic shortness of breath gone
- Energy level more consistently good
- Parched mouth, excessive thirst cleared up (possible Sjögren’s?)
- Cracked lip corners & sores gone (possible Sjögren’s?)
- Dry lips diminished. (For years I have applied lip balm multiple times a day, now I only occasionally apply a touch of pure shea butter, maybe once every three days)
- Successful reduction of thyroid medication from 90mg/day to 60mg/day